This week’s reads and resources to provoke thoughts on strategy, leadership, life, and other things.
Every week, I get to devour a hefty heap of digital content in service to our clients and partners. As I sift through the internet on this mission, I discover things that are relevant to business, strategy, leadership, and life in general. As I do so, I’ll share some pieces that I think are thought-provoking treasures. Here are a few articles and resources I found particularly interesting and valuable this week. Enjoy the feast—or at least whet your appetite.
- Tech giants—notably led by Apple—are investing billions in crystal palaces. Value creation or boondoggle? – The Guardian
- How often do you find business insights in unconventional places? – thoughtLEADERS Blog
- Why looking at other companies’ net promoter scores may miss the point. – Genroe
- Alex Honnold’s free solo of El Capitan, and the preparation it actually took to get there. – The New York Times
- Glassdoor might not be quite as anonymous as you think, if the courts have their say. – The Ladders
- An article on office jargon that I thought you might be able to leverage. – The Telegraph
Dig in, let me know what you think, and have a great week!