This week’s reads and resources to provoke thoughts on strategy, leadership, life, and other things.
Every week, I get to devour a hefty heap of digital content in service to our clients and partners. As I sift through the internet on this mission, I discover things that are relevant to business, strategy, leadership, and life in general. As I do so, I’ll share some pieces that I think are thought-provoking treasures. Here are a few articles and resources I found particularly interesting and valuable this week. Enjoy the feast—or at least whet your appetite.
- Turns out, this stuff is hard. John Deere has learned that autonomous tractors aren’t easy to make. – Quartz
- This can’t hurt the resale value. Daimler starting to 3D print parts for old trucks. – Digital Trends
- When it comes to Obamacare, the things that drive up premiums are the things nobody wants to get rid of. In other words, politicians are grandstanding … again. – The Weekly Standard
- A 75-year study shows that there is one thing that keeps us happy, and it isn’t money. – Ideapod
- The next big technology trend could be made of really tiny things. – Strategy+Business
- Hey, it’s almost football season, so why not have a look at the seedy underbelly of big-time college football? Did you know that your favorite team probably voted against schools having the option to provide four-year scholarships to athletes? – Slate
Dig in, let me know what you think, and have a great week!